Last Updated: October 15, 2015
We collect and store anonymous and Personal Information about you to provide you the most relevant information, products, programs and Services that you request; to constantly improve the features, offerings and content that we provide through the Application; to personalize the content provided to you; and to determine how you use and respond to the features, offerings and services on the Application.
2. Location Data
When you access and use the Services on a mobile device, we may collect information about your real-time location if your mobile device’s settings allow it. Please see the “Access and Choice” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Services on a mobile device.
3. INFANT Health Information
We may collect certain health information about your infant when you use the Services, such as your infant’s heart rate and blood oxygen level. We may aggregate and anonymize this information, and we may disclose such aggregated, anonymized data without restriction.We will not disclose health information unless it has been de-identified.
4. Sharing with Third Parties
We also reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information and other information (a) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; and (c) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Owlet, users of the Services, or others.
5. Information We Collect Automatically.
Even if you do not provide us with any of your Personal Information, we may automatically track, collect, and store other information when you use our Application or Services, including without limitation the information that is made available to us through the Application, applicable operating system, and monitoring device. We aggregate and store such information to help us compile reports as to trends and other behavior about users visiting and using the Application. We reserve the right to share aggregated information with others in our sole and absolute discretion. We collect information automatically using a variety of technologies, including the following:
- Cookies. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons to enhance your experience on the Application, to provide you with personalized offers, and analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services. A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your device’s hard drive that contains information that allows us to track your activity on the Application. The cookie itself does not contain any Personal Information; however, if you provide any Personal Information to us, the cookie may act as an identifier to tie your Personal Information to your IP address or device. You may choose to delete cookies from your device’s hard drive at any time or to disable cookies on your device. If you delete cookies that relate to the Application, we may not be able to identify you upon your return to the Application. Additionally, if you disable your device’s cookies, you may not be able to access certain features of the Application that require cookies to be enabled. The cookies cannot be used to read data from your hard drive and cannot retrieve information from any other cookies created by other websites. Additionally, our cookies cannot be used as a virus, Trojan horse, worm or any other malicious tool that could impair your use of your device. Our cookies are used to help us better understand how you and other users use the Application so we can continue to provide a better, more personalized user experience on the Application.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit Adobe’s website. Please note, however, that without Flash cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
- Web Beacons and Analytics. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. We may use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read. We may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic.
6. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS.
The security of your information is important to us. When you provide Personal Information to us through our registration or order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted security standards to protect your information during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security of our Application and the Services, please contact us
9. Access, Retention and Choice.
- Access. If your contact or other information changes, you are responsible for correcting or updating your information by making the change on your member account information page or by emailing our Customer Support via our contact us form. If you would like to change or terminate the Services, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate your subscription by making the change on your member information page or by emailing our Customer Support via our contact us form.
- Retention. We will retain your information for our business purposes, and in connection with our legal obligations, and to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Newsletter. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each of these emails, accessing your email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us.
- Location Services. If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
- Disclosure of Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Information, or by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences.
- Third-Party Tracking. Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.