- Does Owlet guarantee the safety of my baby?
- No, The Owlet Smart Sock is a consumer product that provides parents insights into their baby's wellness, as well as peace of mind each time the parent puts their child down for a nap or to sleep at night. The Smart Sock is not a FDA-approved medical device and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate or prevent any disease or health condition or investigate, replace or modify any physiological process. You are responsible for the health and wellbeing of your baby and following safe sleep, health, and care guidelines. Please read our full disclaimer here.
- Which age group is the Owlet Smart Sock for?
- The Owlet Smart Sock will fit your child up to one year and fits most children up to eighteen months old. It is designed for babies up to 25 lbs.
- What comes in the Owlet Smart Sock box?
- You will receive the base station, sock electronics, three sock sizes to accommodate the growth of your baby's foot, a user manual, an AC adaptor and charging cords.
- Is WiFi required to use the Owlet Smart Sock?
- The Smart Sock and Base Station connect via Bluetooth low energy. WiFi is only needed if you would like to use the app to view live readings and view them remotely. The Base Station is the primary notification system, so if your WiFi goes down or your phone dies (or you don't have it at all), the Base Station is still designed to notify. While WiFi is not required, it does make for a better user experience. HotSpot WiFi is not recommended.
- Can the Owlet Smart Sock fit under footie pajamas?
- Yes! The Owlet Smart Sock is low profile and will even fit under a regular sock. Just make sure the Smart Sock is directly next to the skin and be sure there's enough room for your baby's foot to fit comfortably and that the sock or footie pajamas aren't too snug.
- Is the Owlet Smart Sock washable?
- Yes, the fabric sock should be hand washed regularly using a mild detergent. Make sure to remove the Sock Electronics prior to washing. We recommend washing the fabric sock once per week or as needed. This will help keep the product performing as intended and reduce the potential for skin irritation. Please wash your socks at least once a week in cold water, either hand-wash or machine washing in a garment bag on delicate cycle is fine. Allow to air dry. Don't put in the dryer as the heat from the dryer can possibly deform the vinyl window and cause the fabric to lose its shape faster. Baby's feet can sweat at night and bacteria loves to grow in warm, moist environments and regular washing will keep your little one's feet happy and healthy!
- Does the Owlet Smart Sock come in different sizes?
- The Owlet Smart Sock comes with 3 fabric socks (size 1-3). Our socks are designed to fit babies to 18 months or from 6 to 25 pounds. Actual sizing and fit may vary as babies feet are all different shapes. It's important to get a snug fit but to never put the sock on too tight.
- Is there a warranty on the Owlet Smart Sock?
- Yes, we offer a 1-year warranty from the date of app set up. Two common issues we have seen that are not covered under warranty are sensors damaged by pets or getting accidentally put through a washing machine.
- Do you have a satisfaction guarantee?
- We offer a 45-day satisfaction, return for any reason, make you happy guarantee from the date of purchase for orders placed on our website. Just contact our customer care team and don't forget to keep your proof of purchase.
- Is the Owlet Smart Sock considered a medical device?
- The Owlet Smart Sock is a consumer product that provides parents insights into their baby's wellness, as well as peace of mind each time the parent puts their child down for a nap or to sleep at night. The Owlet Smart Sock is not a FDA-approved medical device and is designed and intended for families with healthy infants. It is not meant to replace Safe Sleep Practices.
- Will the Owlet Smart Sock have any negative long-term effects?
- Pulse oximetry has been used in US hospitals since 1987 and no long-term effects have been found. Pulse oximetry traditionally does not burn or harm patients and we have taken further steps to minimize any risk. If used as advised, it should not cause any harm to your baby.
- How long do the batteries last?
- You never need to change the battery. The sock is powered by a coin cell rechargeable battery (like what you’ll find in your wristwatch). However, your sock will need to be charged daily.
- Can my spouse and I view the live readings of our child via our smartphones simultaneously?
- Both parents may access their child's information and health statistics on the app over their respective smartphones allowing both to track their child.
- What if my phone doesn't have service or is on silent, or my home wifi goes out? Does the Owlet Smart Sock itself make a noise?
- Yes! The Base Station is your primary notification system for the Smart Sock. While you won’t be able to see live readings, the Base Station is designed to notify you if your baby's heart rate or oxygen levels fall out of range.
- Does Owlet have a sound or video monitor?
- We will be launching the Owlet Cam soon! It streams 1080p HD video in the Owlet App. The Cam features night vision, two-way audio, background audio, room temperature sensor, encrypted WiFi, 130 degree wide angle lens, and more. The Cam works great alone, but also integrates with the Owlet Smart Sock.
- Will Owlet ship internationally?
- Owletcare.com.au ships to Australia & New Zealand only.
- What if the baby monitor falls off?
- You will be notified if the monitor is not getting valid readings and if the sock has fallen off.
- Does the Owlet Smart Sock work with twins/multiples?
- Each child will need their own separate and complete Smart Sock device but with the new Owlet app, you can easily add multiple child profiles and Owlet devices all within the same app!
- What is Owlet's Disclaimer?
The Smart Sock is not a medical device. It is not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. It does not and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate or prevent any disease or health condition or investigate, replace or modify anatomy or any physiological process.The Owlet Smart Sock is meant for healthy babies up to 18 months of age and the notification thresholds on the Owlet Smart Sock are not as stringent as a medical monitor. This product is only intended to assist you in tracking your baby’s well-being and is not intended to replace you as a caregiver. You are responsible for the health and well-being of your baby and following safe sleep, health, and care guidelines.
Do not use the Smart Sock as a diagnostic tool.
Do not use the Smart Sock if your doctor recommends the use of a hospital pulse oximeter.
Do not use the Smart Sock if your doctor recommends the use of a hospital apnea monitor.
Do not use the Smart Sock as an excuse for unsafe sleep habit.
Do not use the Smart Sock as a replacement for or in lieu of adult care.
- Does it come in different colors?
- Yes, our fabric socks come in a variety of colors from blue, pink, and mint along with limited edition patterns. Check out our Owlet Products today.
- How does the Owlet Smart Sock work?
- The Sock Electronics use pulse oximetry to gather your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. The electronics send your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels to the Base Station. The Base Station then sends your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels to your smartphone. See it in action here.
- What is pulse oximetry?
- You might have experienced this technology at the doctor's office. Pulse oximetry is in the little red clip they put on your finger when you go to the hospital. A small light shines through your skin and the amount of blood flow and oxygen levels are estimated based on how much light is transmitted to a sensor.
- Which frequency does the Owlet Smart Sock use?
- It uses Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (2.4 GHz). The Smart Sock will not receive interference from home alarms, cell phones or other electronics. The Base Station also uses WiFi to communicate through your internet to our cloud.
- How long will the pulse oximeter last?
- The pulse oximeter is guaranteed under warranty for one (1) year.
- What type of waves and frequency?
- BLE and WiFi (2.4 GHz).
- Will the radio waves generated from the device harm my baby?
- No, the monitor is not always on and it is using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to communicate periodically to your phone. The radio waves generated from the device are more than twenty times below that of the cellphones that are carried in our pockets all day.
- How is this technology different from other monitors on the market?
- All other monitors require you to be constantly watching your baby to notice if something goes wrong. The Owlet Smart Sock is the only monitor that uses clinically-proven technology, designed to notify you if your baby's heart rate or oxygen levels fall out of range.
- Which iOS devices are compatible with the Owlet companion app?
- The Owlet companion app is compatible with devices running iOS 11.2 or later. The app is not being built or tested for tablet compatibility at this time.
- Which Android devices are compatible with the Owlet companion app?
- The Owlet companion app is compatible with devices running Android 5.0 or higher. Learn more details here.
- Does health insurance cover the Smart Sock?
- The Smart Sock is not covered by insurance.
- How can you store your Owlet Smart Sock?
The Owlet Smart Sock sensor contains a small battery which will drain over longer periods of time. If allowed to drain completely, it can affect the sensor’s ability to recover its original properties. There are 6 steps to success for storing your Smart Sock.1. Fully charge sensor from the powered base station (ensure the base station is plugged in when charging the sensor.2. Unplug the sensor from the base station.3. Power down sensor right after unplugging from the base station.4. Unplug base station.5. Store the sensor and the base station in a cool dry place.6. Recharge sensor every 6 months and follow steps 1-5.